partial. This is one of the region’s most rewarding museums. It contains a number of major Etruscan artifacts, including a unique bronze chandelier (see p41) dating to the 4th-century BC. There are also various Egyptian objects, notably a wooden model funerary boat dating to the second millennium BC. The beautiful fresco of Polymnia, muse of song, on the west wall of the main hall, was once believed to be 1stor 2nd-century Roman. It is now known to be a brilliant 18th-century fake. Duomo Piazza del Duomo. Open daily. 0 The present Duomo was designed by Giuliano da Sangallo in the 16th century.
FLORENCE TOURISM ORGANIZATION Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- A PLANNER’S TOP LOCATION TIPS
- Beverly Hills Hotel, LOS ANGELES
- Palace Of Versailles Kingdom Of The Sun King
- Central/Eastern Oregon Festivals
- Rio de Janeiro Help Disco