It has an unusual round tower and a doorway decorated with flower motifs. The centre of Pienza was . completely re-designed in Renaissance times by Pope Pius II (seep47). Born here in 1405, when it was called Corsignano, Aeneas Sylvius Piccolomini became known as a leading Humanist scholar and philosopher. He was elected pope in 1458 and in the following year decided to Pienza’s piazza and Duomo, designed by Rossellino (1459) Courtyard in Palazzo Piccolomini The church of Madonna di San Biagio on the outskirts of Montepulciano Montepulciano © Road map E4. Ijjj 74,000. 0 Via Ricci 9. (0578) 75 86 87. H3 Thu.
FLORENCE BEST CITIES TO VISIT Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- What’s it Like to Travel in Mozambique?
- Drink Pilsner Urquell, The Original Golden Lager And Drink It Unfiltered In The Brewery Cellars In Pilsen
- How to Join the Perfect Romantic Sunset Cruises in Koh Samui
- An Ideal Budget Option For You And Your Family
- Rio de Janeiro Help Disco