Al Fayyum Travel on The first attempt was an invasion of Maryland in the fall of 1862. On September 17th, the armies met at the battle of Antietam/Sharpsburg. After a day of bloody fighting, the Confederates withdrew to Virginia. Lincoln seized on the Confederate’s withdrawal as the opportunity to announce the Emancipation Proclamation, which declared all slaves in rebel territory to be free. The following year, the Confederates made another attempt to move northward as they entered Pennsylvania. The two armies clashed for three days in July, in and around the town of Gettysburg. In a final charge on July 3rd, the Confederate Army was decimated in what became known as Pickett’s Charge (General George Pickett led the charge). Al Fayyum Travel 2016.
Al Fayyum Travel Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Palace Of Versailles Kingdom Of The Sun King
- Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary in Karnataka – India Travel
- Most Unique Incredible Japanese Experience Japan post
- Nice France – Most Beautiful Beach Ive Ever Seen
- QA Deciding to Travel Livios Guest Appearance More